The holiday season is in full swing, with Christmas a little more than a week away.
And while the season is filled with family, parties and good cheer, the holidays also can bring stress as people scramble to shop, prepare holiday meals and get the house ready for family.
Give yourself a stress-relieving present this year with a visit to Zero Gravity Fitness. Located in Ocoee, Fla., Zero Gravity offers Pilates and personal training to help you get in shape – and stay in shape.
It’s long been recognized that exercise relieves stress, whether it be during the holidays, or any time of year.
The Mayo Clinic reports that working out boosts endorphins that improve your mood and reduce stress. If you are not athletic, or have not exercised in years, even a little exercise can bring your stress level down.
Exercise improves your overall health, makes you more vital – and it’s fun!
Here are some benefits of exercise:
- Increased endorphins: Being physically active ramps up production of endorphins, which makes you feel great.
- Eased Tension: After a good workout, you often forget about life’s irritations because you have concentrated on your body and your workout. As you begin to exercise on a regular basis, you are likely to feel more energized and optimistic. You also should feel calmer in general.
- Better Mood: Exercise can boost your self-confidence and ease symptoms of anxiety and depression. Working out also helps you sleep better, another stress reducer.
You should consult with your doctor before beginning a new exercise program, especially if you have been inactive for a long period of time.
When you start, start slowly. Improve your level of fitness gradually.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has recommended that healthy adults work out at a moderate level for 2.5 hours each week.
And enjoy your exercise. Do what you like to do. It can be walking, jogging, cycling or playing a sport.
Remember to make time for exercise. Schedule time each day to work out or be active. Beginning a workout routine is great – but stick to it.
Here are some tips for sticking with a new routine or reinvigorating a tired workout:
- Goals: Write down your goals.
- Don’t Go It Alone: Find a workout partner. Knowing that someone is counting on you will help ensure you keep to your exercise plan.
- Change Things Up: If you are a competitive athlete, think about non-competitive options that are better for stress reduction. Pilates is a great option.
- Exercise When You Can: If your schedule doesn’t allow one half-hour walk, try several 10-minute walks. The important thing is regular physical activity becomes part of your routine.
At Zero Gravity Fitness, we can help you reduce stress during the holidays and throughout the year.
To learn more about our training and Pilates programs, contact us today.
And from all of us at Zero Gravity Fitness, Happy Holidays!