In the past few years, elite boutique gyms like Zero Gravity and the best personal trainers have been preaching the gospel of Kettlebell training. Want to know why?
Kettlebell classes work all the major muscle groups of your body simultaneously, and give you a full-body workout with almost every exercise. Because Kettlebell exercises don’t isolate muscle groups like traditional weightlifting, your heart rate goes up — and stays up — throughout the workout.
Because of these facts, Kettlebells offer a major fat-burning and body-toning routine. In one recent study conducted by the highly respected American Council on Exercise, Kettlebell exercise participants burned approximately 20 calories per minute! Yes, you read that right – per minute!!!
Still not convinced? Here are just a few reasons to try our Kettlebell classes:
- Big results in less time. Kettlebell training demands that you build BOTH strength and cardiovascular capacity at the same time. This means you’re getting get almost twice the workout in half the time.
- Full-body conditioning: Kettlebells offer what fitness trainers call a functional work out. Instead of working one muscle group, Kettlebell exercises require continuous engagement of many muscle groups and thus better overall fitness.
- Increased strength without increased mass. Kettlebell exercises will make your body lean and toned, but not bulky—a benefit that appeals to women and men alike.
- Increased endurance, flexibility and core stability. Kettlebell exercises take you through a wider range of motion than dumbbell-based exercises, all while engaging your core and increasing your heart rate. Triple benefit.
- Major calorie burning. See all of the above.
To read even more about the proven benefits of Kettlebells (such as reduced musco-skeletal pain, increased agility and improved balance, to name a few), see this page from Kettlebellscience.
But don’t try to do it on your own. To make the most of Kettlebells, and to avoid poor form and injuries, proper instruction is critical. We offer the best. Just check out our schedule to find a Kettlebell class that works for you.